
Medals4Mettle is a nonprofit organization (http://www.medals4mettle.org/index.htm) that collects medals and donates them to people battling illnesses. An article appears in the latest edition of RunnersWorld. If you haven't had the chance to read it, click this link http://www.medals4mettle.org/pr_articles/M4M_Runners_World_9-08.pdf.
I know medals are a badge of honor for runners. It is a reminder of their hard work; dedication; and blood, sweat, and tears. Some medals you just don't want to part with, which is totally understandable. However, if you have so many medals you just don't know what to do with them anymore, please consider donating yours to this organization. I personally only have one medal, my first ever, and it is from the 5K OKC Memorial run. I would like to strive for bigger and better runs -- plus I have the t-shirt -- so I am going to send my medal to M4M. I know a patient will appreciate it more than I ever will.
1 comment:
Cassie
I recieved your post about the access bars. Did you want me to order a box for you brother as well. What kind would you like? The kinds are double fudge,Chocolate Caramel Cruncher,Mint Chocolate Ice,Chocolate Peanut Butter Krisp and Peanut Butter Caramel Fusion. The PB Caramel Fusion is my favorite. Let me know asap. Thanks Cassie.
Kendal
Post a Comment