Coach Kathy had the halfers run two 4 1/2-mile loops (or two 5-mile loops, which is what we did, if you listened to Mike!) to see if we could get a negative split.
I took my Spark before Stefanie, Lauren, and I started. Our partner Tracy is out rehabbing her ITR. Hopefully she will be recouped in time to do the Tulsa Run.
Loop one was okay. I didn't particulary like passing the trail to go back to Veterans Park but instead keep running to the Ped Bridge and then back, but I did it. At the halfway point, our time was 55:44. I took my Gu-like substance, Excel (I think) from Advocare, hoping it would give me the exra oompf I need for the last lap. I ran without my iPod, so I didn't have it when I really needed it, but there were about two miles where I felt great. I was focused, my breathing was regulated, and I was thinking, Gosh, I wish I could run like this all the time. Then my stomach got really queasy. If I could have thrown up, I would have felt a lot better. I'm guessing the Spark and Excel were too much for me. I slowed down, I mean way slow. Stef and Cindy kept going, and I pleaded with Lauren to go, that I didn't want to hold her back, but the angel that she is, she just said, "We are in this together."
Our time at the finish was, I think, around 2:05, 2:10. We didn't make the split, but we felt with the water stops, we missed it by only about five minutes.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Other than the queasy stomach issue sounds to me like you did great.
We need to have Ken do another ugly toe contest. Maybe I could win.
Post a Comment