Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Catching up

I know, I know, it has been a while since I posted anything. It has been a busy August. I am keeping up with my running Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays and am now up to 6 miles. I have until Oct 25 when I am running the 15K (9.3 miles) and then possibly the half marathon at the Route 66 race in November. See below for more goings-on. My cousins Trey, 16, and Kyle, 12, came and stayed with Dave and me for four days before they went back to school. Austin and Maddie were in town too, so we all had a really good time together. Here, left to right, are Mom, Neva (the boys' mom), Austin, Kyle, and Trey practicing for the badminton Olympics in 2012.

We went to a Drillers game while they were here too. (Luckily, they won.) Maddie, Austin, Trey, and Kyle got full on cotton candy and hot dogs.
A couple of weeks ago, my bestest friend Jen (middle) came home to Norman for a week to see her mom and twin sis Melissa, so I traveled down there for the day to see her. They were preparing their living room to lay hardwood (yes, themselves!), so we spent the day laughing and making more than one trip to Home Depot. It was so great to see her.



Here is Jen poring the self-leveling concrete in the hallway.


I had to leave before it was finished because the storms were rolling in, but I know it is going to look fabulous when it is completed.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Ugh, you make me tired! Running 6 miles for fun, helping lay hardwood, keeping up with the kids! I'm just glad to see you blogging again. I was missing you :)