I signed up today for the full. I am excited but mostly nervous about finishing since my right IT band is really hurting. My knee gave way a couple of times on Saturday, just enough where it put a hitch in my giddy-up but not enough to send me to the ground. Since then, I have been rolling the crap out of it, then icing, b/c I have GOT to be healthy by Feb 28 to run. I talked my friends into doing it, so I can't let them down. Cowtown will be my first of three marathons, which puts me on my way to become a MM (marathon maniac).Maniacal Marathoners
Whenever I read or hear the word "maniacal," it reminds me of a girl I knew in '93 whose absolute favorite word was maniacal. She just liked the sound of it.
Anywho, as I said, Cowtown in Ft. Worth is on Feb 28, the first of three marathons a few insane runners are running to obtain the status of MMs. There are many way to become MMs, but the way we were going to do it was run three fulls in 90 days, but we recently found out that because our second marathon, in Little Rock, is exactly 16 days after Cowtown, that will qualify us as well. Our third marathon was going to be OKC in April, but now that we don't have to do that one to be a MM, we are going to anyway just to say we did.
Please keep positive healthy energy coming my way b/c I really, really want to be pain-free by Feb 28.
Polar Bear Plunge
I have pix on the above-mentioned broken camera that I will post now that I have it, so be on the lookout for those. Have a few good ones and a lot with people cut off at the waist and a biiiiiiig blue sky above them.
Whistle While You Work....
Work has been so darn busy since before Thanksgiving, for which I am so thankful, but it is burning me out too. Maybe with the ice storm this week the depos will cancel and I can have a few office days to catch up on proofreading.
Saving My Sanity and My Marriage
Needless to say, being busy at work has been a definite damper in my home life. Cooking? Don't know the last time before last night. Laundry? Just getting by. Cleaning house? Only the necessities, and not a lot on those. And I can't blame it all on work. Running takes a big chunk out of my time too, but I look at it as keeping healthy and stressfree. No different than if I belonged to a gym. Dave and I have had a few go-rounds the last few months. I mention to him what I call "reminders" and he labels as "nagging," like take out the trash, wipe the crumbs off the counters, take off his shoes after coming in the front door. So to save my sanity and my marriage, I have hired a housekeeper. I wish I felt better about it. I know there are plenty of households out there who make it all work, and I have a "want to do it all" personality, but time isn't allowing me. I won't focus any more blogging attention on it b/c I feel guilty.
"Well, the landslide will bring it down."
I got my tickets for Fleetwood Mac at the BOK!!!! I am so freaking excited. May 3, it won't get here quickly enough. I think I am going to take my mom. Dave said he wouldn't mind, and I know she would appreciate it more than he. Now, if it was Motley Crue or KISS, I would definitely have to take Dave, but for FM -- yep, my decision is made. I'll call Mom tonight and ask her. Details on her reaction in my next blog.
2 comments:
Can't wait to hear your report after you finish Cowtown. Good luck becoming a maniac. I need one more to become a maniac which is planned for Feb. 7 at Dan Man.
Yea, Bobby, for going for MM status! Good thoughts from me to you!
Post a Comment