Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give it up for Brian and Kathy!!

Last Thursday, Brian and Kathy got the surprise of their life. The RW runners threw them a surprise thank-you party at the Sports Fanatic and served Billy Sims Boomer-que. Mmm, mmm, good!!

This is the cake that was ordered for the party.
It was good too, but what else would you expect from Merritt's?

Daryl, Chris, and Michael start the BBQ line

Linda, Rachael, Marvin, Carmie, and Cindy keep warm by the fireplace while waiting for the guests of honor.

Firepants Mike gets ready to dig in.

Simone, Stefanie, Stacy, Cassy, Amanda, and Lauren
(No, it wasn't planned for brunettes on one side and the blondes on the other)


The Bean Team!
Jason, Lisa, Erin, Kim, and Neon

Susan, Bobby, Chrissy, and Michael
OSU played TU in BB this night, so Michael made sure there were plenty of TVs turned to the right station

Gail and the lovebirds


Roman and his ladies



Rachael, Linda, and Marvin trade running stories



Sarah is on the watch out for B and K to show up


And finally, they arrive, shocked and surpised
Brian later said his first thought was, "Oh, no, I smell, and I knew I should have worn my khaki shorts."


Kathy goes after Ken for being in on the surprise. Ken told K and B that he had a gift certificate to the Sports Fanatic restaurant that expired that day and wanted to go there for dinner. Thanks for your help, TZ!


Everyone starts yelling, "Speech! Speech!" Kathy can't deliver b/c she is speechless!


But she finally gathers herself and gives a brief one.



Andy and Simone present to B and K the trophy, our gift of thanks



B and K graciously receive it . . .

. . . and Kathy reads the inscription



"Thank you Brian and and Kathy Hoover. In recognition of your dedication in providing tireless and cheerful support and leadership of the RunnersWorld Tulsa training groups."


2 comments:

BOCA said...

Thanks for posting some info about the gathering. I was sad I was out of town and missed it. Brian and Kathy heading up their groups has seriously changed my life for life...

Bobby said...

That was some party. Glad I got to be there to honor the first coach I have had since high school (man, that was a year or two ago).