Friday, October 31, 2008

"Running on Empty..."

Mom and I went to see Jackson Browne last night at the Brady. It was a terrific show! He opened with "Boulevard," sang "Running on Empty" as the encore, and ended with "Patriot," which I could have done without since he had to throw in the liberal "vote for change" slogan during the song. He was fighting a cold, he said, but his lyrics and voice sounded so good. I didn't realize his voice is that deep. He played a lot of his new songs, which I heard people saying afterwards, "I wish he would have played more oldies," but there were less than a handful of new ones that I didn't care for and the rest make me want to buy his new CD. We didn't get home until 11:30, but it was so worth it. Let's just hope my title to this post isn't a forecast for my mock 1/2 tomorrow.

1 comment:

T Z said...

Big Jackson Browne fan. I was a fan even before he added the "e" to his name. Not surprised about his liberal political views though. Maybe I am really a liberal trapped in a conservatives mind......Naw!